PhD Student (role of microbiome in the outcome of stroke)
Institut d’Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
Science and me:
I started my scientific career at the age of 19, and never stopped since then. I have touched different areas of research, from plant genetics to cancer. Scientist is my profession but I keep in mind that the outcome of the work is for everybody, so it is mandatory to make non-scientist people understand science.
Experience in Dating or other Engagement:
- Founder of the PhD Researchers Platform of IDIBAPS.
- Speaker in the Week of Science of Madrid and Week of Science of Barcelona (years 2015 and 2016; an example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4NnBdVxlLw&t=360s)
- Dissemination talks to high school students (What I have to do to become a scientist?; Transgenics…what else?).
- Editor in the dissemination webpage http://www.sharpmindsweb.net/ and member of the science dissemination association La Biothèque http://www.labiotheque.org/
- Member of the competition panel of the first edition of the science dissemination contest YabberXDivulgame.
- Assistant teacher in the Biology Department of Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
If not working or dating you can find me:
- Belly dancing or in Latin music pubs, dancing bachata 😛