Carla Conejo González
Science Project Director
Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera
Science and me:
- BS in Human Biology at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) (2011-2015) with a degree specialization in neurobiology and research internships in the Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG) in Barcelona (2010, 2013, 2014) and in the Dipartamento di Scienze Biomediche e Neuromotorie at the Università di Bologna in Italy (2015).
- MS in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological Industry (2015-2016) at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF).
- Scientific advisor, content researcher and creator of the TV program Quèquicom of the Canal33 (TV3) of the Corporació Catalana de Mitjans Audiovisuals (CCMA) (2016-2018).
- Science Project Director at the Area of Knowledge, Education & Research of the Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera (2015-present), where I lead the scientific team in charge of the coordination of the programs Youth & Science (Joves i Ciència), Crazy for Science (Bojos per la ciència), Barcelona International Youth Science Challenge (BIYSC), Medical Talents, among many others.
Experience in Dating or other Engagement:
- Volunteer member at MAGMA – Association for Promoting Youth Research (2011-2018): organizer of the Exporecerca Jove (2011-2017); MAGMA representative at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (2012), Phoenix, Arizona (2013) and Los Angeles, California (2014), in the United States of America; and MAGMA’s Board Member and Director of the Intel ISEF and International Relations Committee (2012-2016).
- Board member of WhatIf – Passionately Courious (2015-present), an innovative educational project aimed at promoting science dissemination by connecting science to society and facilitating access to research.
- Founder Team Member of Associació Babu (2015-present), a non-governmental organization aimed at developing programs of health and psychological assistance, and outreach activities for the initiatives’ communication.
If not working or dating you can find me:
- Travelling for sure, as much as I can and afford!