Who we are
Scientists Dating Forum (founded in 2016) is an independent association integrated by a team of many interdisiciplinary young and dynamic professionals from the scientific, communication and managerial fields. We aim at bringing scientists together and foster education, debates and engagement regarding how science relates to politics, economics and society and vice versa.
Over 80 persons from over 50 institutions from the scientific community of Barcelona have been involved so far in the team and we met with over 140 people from over 80 institutions who were interested to collaborate.
“Learn, debate and create”
Our goals are to learn, debate and create.
- Learn: Share and spread knowledge with a dynamical approach.
- Debate: Interdisciplinary discussions about topics that involve different stakeholders in order to foster critical thinking.
- Create: Build a common space for innovation and entrepreneurship to tackle challenges discussed in the learn/debate sessions.
What we do
- SciDF@Bars: Debate sessions in bars in collaboration with experts and active participation of audience with the help of case studies
- SciDF Talks: Workshops in research institutes
- SciDF4Fun: Organise social events for scientists, always combined with a educative part related to science & society/politics/economics
- Contributing actively to related congresses in Europe