Who we are
Scientists Dating Forum (SciDF) is a non-profit association formed by young international interdisciplinary members, including scientists, business people, lawyers, communications specialists, philosophers and economists.
The main goal of SciDF is to raise awareness of the importance of science and the scientific field at different levels. Despite science being essential in our everyday lives, it is considered an alien subject in the political and social contexts. We believe that the problem stems from the lack of action and promotion of science by scientists themselves, which in turn is a response to the detachment of politicians and society, generating a negative feedback loop. As we see it, normalising science and science understanding in the ecosystems where it should be present will have a positive impact on them.
SciDF aims at involving the non-scientist members of society, scientists and politicians to promote science as a common good asset. To do so, we perform actions on the different groups with a unitary message close to science, but adapted to each group:
- We want citizens to become accomplices of the science process so that they understand that science is part of their lives, even when it’s not obvious. Hence our actions in the field of citizen science.
- We want researchers to take action and explore beyond academia. Hence our projects related to their employment projection and our round tables where researchers see a new approach to their profession.
- We want politicians to get more involved and to consider science a priority for the well-being of citizens. Hence our actions and debates on topics connecting science and politics.
What we do
- SciDF-Bars: Debates about top current issues concerning science, involving the audience to solve a problem together.
- SciDF-Talks: Round tables and workshops with experts at research institutions and universities.
- SciDF-Projects: Special actions with specific goals and collaborations with entities with a similar vision.