Who we are
Scientists Dating Forum (founded in 2016) is an independent association integrated by a team of many interdisiciplinary young and dynamic professionals from the scientific, communication and managerial fields. We aim at getting scientists engaged at the interfaces between science with politics, society and economics.
We organise round table discussions and debates in bars (SciDF@Bars), trainings/workshops at institutes (SciDF Talks), social activities for scientists (SciDF4Fun) and collaborate with existing entities and programs (SciDF Co-Lab).
SciDF has significantly contributed to community building of the scientific community of Barcelona:
Since its creation in 2016, 80 young and dynamic professionals from over 50 entitites have been involved in our team and we met with over 140 people from over 80 institutions who were interested to collaborate. Furthermore over 1000 persons assisted so far SciDF events .
What we do
- SciDF@Bars: Events in bars, wich are a combination of a roundtable discussion with experts of the field, interactive case studies with the public and a social component.
- SciDF Talks: Combination of a roundtable discussion with experts of the field and interactive case studies, taking place in scientific institutions.
- SciDF4Fun: Fun events for scientists, which put focus on the social part of the event, however always includes an educational component! Aiming at strengthening community building.
- SciDF CoLab: Collaborations with various institutions/conferences in form of organising workshops, giving talks etc.
Our goals are to learn, debate and create.
- Learn: Share and spread knowledge with a dynamical approach.
- Debate: Interdisciplinary discussions about topics that involve different stakeholders in order to foster critical thinking.
- Create: Build a common space for innovation and entrepreneurship to tackle challenges discussed in the learn/debate sessions.