Who we are
Scientists Dating Forum (founded in 2016) is an independent association integrated by a team of many interdisiciplinary young and dynamic professionals from the scientific, communication and managerial fields. We aim at getting scientists engaged at the interfaces between science with politics, society and economics.
We organise round table discussions and debates in bars (SciDF@Bars), trainings/workshops at institutes (SciDF Talks), social activities for scientists (SciDF4Fun) and collaborate with existing entities and programs (SciDF Co-Lab).
SciDF has significantly contributed to community building of the scientific community of Barcelona:
Since its creation in 2016, 80 young and dynamic professionals from over 50 entitites have been involved in our team and we met with over 140 people from over 80 institutions who were interested to collaborate. Furthermore over 1000 persons assisted so far SciDF events .
Our goals are to learn, debate and create.
- Learn: Share and spread knowledge with a dynamical approach.
- Debate: Interdisciplinary discussions about topics that involve different stakeholders in order to foster critical thinking.
- Create: Build a common space for innovation and entrepreneurship to tackle challenges discussed in the learn/debate sessions.
What we do
- SciDF@Bars: Debate sessions in bars in collaboration with experts and active participation of audience with the help of case studies
- SciDF Talks: Workshops in research institutes
- SciDF4Fun: Organise social events for scientists, always combined with a educative part related to science & society/politics/economics
- SciDF CoLab: Collaboration with various entities and existing programs/conferences