Scientists Dating Forum
We organise round table discussions and debates in bars (SciDF@Bars), trainings/workshops at institutes (SciDF Talks), social activities for scientists (SciDF4Fun) and collaborate with existing entities and programs (SciDF Co-Lab).
SciDF has significantly contributed to community building of the scientific community of Barcelona. Since its creation in 2016, 80 young and dynamic professionals from over 50 entitites have been involved in our team. Furthermore over 1000 persons assisted so far SciDF events.
SciDF Talks: Science Diplomacy 18 July 2018
SciDF@Bars: El sector científico y la in/dependencia de Cataluña 25 October 2017 (blog posts in English and Spanish)
SciDF is developing, has many new projects in planning and is looking for new motivated team members ready to join the team!
- Do you want to give science a stronger voice in politics, society and economics?
- Are you interested in becoming a scientist and/or forming a new generation of scientists, which is capable of creating social, economic and political impact of its research?
In this case SciDF is the right place for you! We are working on those issues by bringing people from different backgrounds together and organising debates, interactive case studies, campaigns, workshops, social events and much more.
The SciDF team is composed of young motivated professionals from the scientific, communication and managerial fields. So far over 60 people from over 40 different institutions have collaborated in our team and you may be the next one!
Key Actions of Scientists Dating Forum:
Furthermore we mobilised the scientific community of Barcelona to organise the March for Science Barcelona 2017 and launched, in the context of the regional elections in Catalonia on 21st Dec 2017,the campaign #TambéVotemCiència, which asked the political parties their position on scientific issues.
Collaborate with us:
As a SciDF team member you will get the opportunity to work in one of our various teams, which are divided in the different activities, highlighted above. Furthermore we have a communication and fundraising team.
Any committed and motivated person is welcomed! Skills, such as experience in science communication, entrepreneurship, science policy, blogging, graphic design, web design, social media or similar are highly welcomed, but not a prerequisite.
Being part of the SciDF Team will give you unique opportunities:
- Translate your interest about political, economic and societal causes into a project which relates all of this with science.
- Collaborate with an amazing transdisciplinary team and create yourself a unique social and professional network.
- Get to know and work with entities from the region related to the scientific sector.
- Develop skills in project management, communication, leadership, fundraising and many more.
Contact us, meet us and join the team!